Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default gunner - hot stick

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 12:49:50 -0500, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

Jim Stewart fired this volley in
news:k1o8m9$4r0$1 @dont-email.me:

Come on Lloyd, tell us why you'd need a 35-foot hot stick.

I'm truly "in the boondocks". My power line to the shop is the only
highway between two big oaks on my power easement. Like clockwork,
about every six weeks, a squirrel decides to make a "reconaissance stop"
on my line transformer, and blows the cricket -- not to mention his
brains.

Where I live, a "single residential/rural" customer outage takes up to
five hours response-time.

I'd like to be able to "respond" myself.

LLoyd

Can you string a rope or other alternate "highway"? And perhaps talk the
power co. into putting squirrel stops on the line (which won't stop the
little buggers, but might encourage them to use the rope).

http://www.wescottdesign.com