Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default gunner - hot stick

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 12:49:50 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Jim Stewart fired this volley in news:k1o8m9$4r0$1
:

Come on Lloyd, tell us why you'd need a
35-foot hot stick.

I'm truly "in the boondocks". My power line to the shop is the only
highway between two big oaks on my power easement. Like clockwork, about
every six weeks, a squirrel decides to make a "reconaissance stop" on my
line transformer, and blows the cricket -- not to mention his brains.

Where I live, a "single residential/rural" customer outage takes up to
five hours response-time.

I'd like to be able to "respond" myself.

Ask the power company to put in an extension and give you the key.
Tell them how much money it'll save them by not having to respond all
the time. Money talks. I see these here for the "fuses" on the
xfmrs, with locked 'shovel handle' resets at the 7' level, so I know
they exist.

Otherwise, just borrow a set of gaffs and a belt to climb it yourself.
It looks like fun!

--
I have the consolation of having added nothing to my private fortune during
my public service, and of retiring with hands clean as they are empty.

Too bad -none- of the current CONgresscritters are willing to do that. -LJ