Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default Dyson SUCKS!

On Aug 30, 11:24*am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article
,
* *Andy Dingley wrote:

I never use my Earlex wet. The filter rots a week afterwards.
Otherwise it's a decent workshop vac.

On my ancient Rowenta W&D,

I've got one of those too. Ought to scrap it though - noisiest vacuum
I've ever had. It used to run the cyclone in my router table (now
replaced by an Aldi) and I could hear it over the router.

you remove the bag and filter before using it
wet. It has a float which prevents water getting into the actual motor.
Why would you need a filter when lifting water?

For lifting water I have pumps. I use a wet vacuum to lift stripped
wallpaper, manky leaves or other damp solids. These need a filter too.