Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH RJH is offline

Default Dyson SUCKS - the answer

In article ,
wrote:
Indeed. Whenever I've read one of their reports about something I feel I
know something about I've come away wondering whether they really know
their stuff or not. Almost like their reviewers are not experts in any
particular field, but merely 'generally pretty knowledgeable' about a
variety of subjects.

Sounds like you've not read the full reports - merely a summary.

This has undermined my faith and confidence in them in fields I know
nothing/little about, and it's not like I have any reason to be cynical
about them - I want a source of recommendations I can trust but I can't
help but feel that Which? is not it.

'Experts' on all sorts of hobby things like Hi-Fi or cameras or even cars
are unlikely to agree among themselves. As so much is down to personal
preference. So all Which attempts to do is guide those who simply want a
good value product which does what it says on the tin.

I've bought several of their 'best buys' over the years and never been
disappointed. But these are generally household goods I'm not particularly
interested in - other than them doing what they're meant to reliably. And
vacuum cleaners definitely fit this group. I don't much care what it looks
like, within reason.

The only current Which? Best Buys for vacs are Miele (14 models), Bosch
(3), Dyson (7) and Sebo (1).

Rob