Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Official. Fear of radiation kills more people than radiation

harry wrote:
On Aug 29, 9:55 am, Jo Stein wrote:
Den 29.08.2012 07:39, skrev harry:

On Aug 29, 5:54 am, Jo Stein wrote:
On 29.08.2012 03:28, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/RS..._of_Fukushima_...

"If we took a 'do more good than harm' approach I suspect we
would abandon forced evacuation altogether, especially where
iodine tables are available"
This is quite correct. How do we cure this misery? By education.
When you write about radiofobia you must always tell people how to
get cured:http://www.radiationandreason.com/ For more than half a
century the view that radiation represents an
extreme hazard has been accepted. This book challenges that view
by facing the question How dangerous is ionising radiation?
Briefly the answer is that radiation is about a thousand times
less hazardous than suggested by current safety standards.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RadiationAndReason
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/9094430/The-world-has...
As Wade Allison, emeritus professor of physics at Oxford
University,
says: €śThe reporting of Fukushima was guided by the Cold War
reflex that matched radiation with fear and mortal danger.
Reactors have been destroyed, but the radiation at Fukushima has
caused no loss of life and is unlikely to do so, even in the next
50 years. The voices of science and common sense on which the
future of mankind depends were drowned out and remain to be
heard, even today. The result has been unnecessary suffering and
great socio-economic damage.€ť

Well would you move your family into the zone? By how much has
people's lives been shortened? I hear the fish are now radioactive
around the NW coast of Japan . Marie Curie died of radiation induced
cancer.
This is all government propaganda so they can build nuclear reactors
(and collect backhanders)

I think we agree that The Natural Philosopher is crazy as he is a
climat denialist. He suffer from a delusion. Your delusion is also
very bad. It looks similar to the propaganda we hear from climate
denialist when they tell us that we cannot trust scientists.

I would have no problem moving my family into the zone. I can read
and I understand the book written by prof. emeritus Wade Allison.
The big problem facing the world today is green idiots like you.
Because of your ignorance we are unable to solve the big problem
facing us, how to get rid of dirty energy production.

Not only the fish is radioactive, also harry is radioactive.
I guess you are fat as stupid people also tend to be fat.
Then you have about one billion Bq in your body because of
natural radiation. Yes, one billion. I have about 610 000 000
ionizations in my body per second. Pleaase, go and learn how
we are designed to tolerate this radiation.

If you read the book by Wade Allison, I promise that I will
read this book:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Fear

State of Fear is a 2004 techno-thriller novel by Michael Crichton
concerning eco-terrorists who attempt mass murder to support their
views. The novel had an initial print run of 1.5 million copies and
reached the #1 bestseller position at Amazon.com and #2 on the New
York Times Best Seller list for one week in January 2005. The book
contains many graphs and footnotes, two appendices, and a
twenty-page bibliography. Most climate scientists dispute Crichton's
science as being error-filled and distorted.[

Criton was a MD and a author. Had he been a skilled MD, he might still
be among us. He died from cancer caused by smoking:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Crichton

In accordance with the private way in which Crichton lived his life,
his throat cancer was not made public until his death.

The author Freud smoke cigars at it killed him.
He did not understand science. Get a life, learn science.
--
jo
€śThere is a tension between short-term, individual welfare

The reason nobody died of radiation poisoning at Fukushima is that the
population was moved out pronto. As simple as that.
If it was as safe as you seem to think, the could have stayed at home.

They could have.

The reason they were safe is that the most dangerous emission - Iodine
131 - is dealt with by taking iodine pills and its gone very quickly.

The whole point of the article is that rapid evacuation is what killed
the people. Not the radiation they were exposed to and not the
radiation they would have been exposed to.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.