Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default Can you get a prepaid phone with GPS

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 17:57:33 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

After looking at countless phones, the only thing I have managed to do
is eliminate Page Plus. I am told that, although it does do Georgia,
the service is poor. It is a shame too. I was sold on the 12
package that does 250 min and 10M data.

I was going to go with an expensive phone so I would be able to use
all the features of a smart phone, but since I don't use them often, I
was hoping to get a cheap package.

Do any of the prepaid packages offer limited smart phone features? One
of the Page Plus phones I looked at said GPS. Would GPS be considered
part of a data plan?

Ok............I was ready to go with this:
http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/dev...id=pk8R8DDCHt1

I did a chat with ATT (Amber). Amber said this phone does GPS
navigation. It is something that I probably won't use, but I would
rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

She said that to use the GPS I had to get a 5$ per month data package,
but I only had to do that on the months I use the GPS. She also said
that I could get a 15 dollar card and use it in a month. I don't
think that is true. The ATT says the package that comes with this
phone is 25 bucks. This may be a deal breaker. I was ready to go
with 15 a month. At a dime a min, 150 min would have been plenty.

Still 30 buck per month for a smart phone is as low as I have found.