Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] recyclebinned@gmail.com is offline

Default OT, soldiers carrying loaded weapsons.

On Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:20:12 PM UTC-7, micky wrote:
OT, soldiers carrying loaded weapons.

In the past 2 or 3 days, American troops in Afghanistan have been

ordered to carry loaded weapons at all times while on base ,

What would the previous situiation have been?

That they didn't carry weapons at all, or that they carried unloaded

weapons?

And what base is referrred to? It sounds like it is the American

bases that are referred to, but maybe that part is written badly.

Where have the American killed in the last several incidents there,

may they rest in peace, been killed, on American bases or Afghani?

I thought that on an American base the only ones carrying weapons were

the guards at the gate and the perimeter or in front of some high

mucky-muck's office, soldiers leaving or returning to the base, those

going to the firing range to practice, those appearing for a few

minutes during (daily?) inpection by their commanding officer, and a

small number of others for misc. reasons, like going to the

quartermaster to get a replacement part.

And that when American military visited a foreign base, like an

Afghani base in Afghanistan, again, the miliarty guard would carry

weapons but officers carried no more than a side arm, if that, and

privates and NCOs brought just to carry things would not be armed at

all.

So my impression of the change in orders was that they should carry

weapons when they haven't been, not that they should load weapsons

they are already carrying. Comments?

We should all be carrying weapons when we go to a school, university, mall or movie theater.