Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Hiding places

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 16:26:01 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 00:34:35 -0400, "
wrote:

Fords. The chimes still go off at first but you can turn of the constant
nagging. It's not easy but it's documented in the owner's manual.

The edge we rented this summer had an interesting spin on this.
The chimes kept increasing in frequency and then it turned off the
radio.
I could not over ride it from the dash computer.

My '84 Lebaron would say things like, "Your door is open" or "Your
windsheld wiper fluid is low" and turn off the radio sound while it
was saying them. This would have been an incentive to fill my
windshield washer fluid, but then it would say "All monitored systerms
are functioning properly." Even if I went from Accessory to starting
the car. Give me a break.

When I found the box, there was a swtich on it, to turn it off
completely.