Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default Yard sale gloat

On 8/24/2012 5:08 PM, Steve B wrote:
Mint in box ...... one ......... 1969 Mustang Mach 1 pop-open gas cover,
with inner gas cap, spring, gaskets, and Mustang emblem, plus all screws and
accessories in Ford factory box.

$7

Up to $250 on ebay.

Nice find! My best yard sale to ebay score was a kick starter mechanism
that replaces the rope pull starter on Briggs type engines. Paid $1 for
it. Some time later, saw one on eBay, pristine NOS condition in original
box, sell for over $500. Whoa. So I cleaned mine up best I could and
listed it. Was rather happy with the $250 or so I got for it.

Best yard sale score ever was the set of Anton high precision thick
parallels for $20. New retail is over a grand. I'm keeping those!

Jon