Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT accurate time checks?

tony sayer formulated the question :
In article , Harry
Bloomfield scribeth thus
It happens that Moonraker formulated :
How accurate is the time given on Windows? Also how about digital radio and
freesat, I guess there is a time delay at least on the last 2. I notice
that the pips are rarely used these days, and apart from the Olympics I
cannot remember the last time I heard Big Ben broadcast.

Curiosity aroused, I have been searching for a Windows util which can
simply compare several NTP timeservers against each other and the PC's
clock. I particularly wanted to compare time.windows.com to some
others, as that is suggested to be of lesser accuracy. I have found no
excessive inaccuracy in that server, while I have been logging it.

I came across this.

NTP monitor V5.1.4
http://www.satsignal.eu/software/net.htm#NTPmonitor

One must ask why the need for such precision at home for most
applications when the SWMBO wants the clocks 5 mins fast anyway;?...

No absolute need for it, just a matter of curiosity.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)