Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default remote temperature sensor

"klem kedidelhopper" wrote
in message
On Aug 28, 7:02 pm, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

I don't know whether it was in this group, or another, that someone asked
about a solar-powered remote temperature sensor.

I just purchased a Weather Channel "Wireless Temperature Station"
from La Crosse. The main unit is your usual atomic clock with an LCD
display. A remote temperature sensor is included, powered by a battery
recharged by a solar panel.

MAJOR ERROR on Lacrosse's part. Though labeled as an atomic clock on their
Website, it is not. You have to set everything by hand. Amazing for a
product with a $45 list price.

The unit came from Mac Mall, and cost all of $16.
I don't know how good it is, but you might want to look at it.

When you say "remote" I'm sure for $16 it isn't wireless but then is
it just a digital thermometer with an extended wire probe?

If you look at what I wrote, you'll see "wireless" in the description. If it
used a wire probe, there would be no point to a "remote temperature sensor