Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default Dyson SUCKS - the answer

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 10:11:32 -0700 (PDT), Andy Dingley
wrote:

I spent most of the w/e in the tip (28 bags of garden waste!).
Eyeballing the electrics skip (it's a non-selling tip)

I read here about people who get spare parts from their tips but there
is a sign at our tip saying you cannot take anything. I presume this
is because the council get more money selling it on. Are they paid per
kilo?

Actually, I notice it is no longer operated by the council but
subcontracted out, so perhaps the operator gets more money by selling
it on.

I bought a second hand dc07 so that I could use it for cleaning up
after DIY jobs and not dirty SWMBO's vacuum. One reason I chose the
dc07 was that spares seemed to be readily and cheaply available from
ebay. But it seems to me that the prices have gone up, making this
less appealing now.

Anyway, the dc07 has sat in the garage unused because I can't get the
base to pivot and I've never got round to looking at it properly. Any
ideas what to look for?

TIA