Posted to sci.electronics.repair
klem kedidelhopper klem kedidelhopper is offline

Default remote temperature sensor

On Aug 28, 7:02*pm, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
I don't know whether it was in this group, or another, that someone asked
about a solar-powered remote temperature sensor.

I just purchased a Weather Channel "Wireless Temperature Station" from La
Crosse. The main unit is your usual atomic clock with an LCD display. A
remote temperature sensor is included, powered by a battery recharged by a
solar panel.

The unit came from Mac Mall, and cost all of $16. (I'm currently a member of
some shopping club and got two-day FedEx shipping for free.)

I don't know how good it is, but you might want to look at it.

--
"We already know the answers -- we just haven't asked the right
questions." -- Edwin Land

When you say "remote" I'm sure for 16.00 it isn't wireless but then is
it just a digital thermometer with an extended wire probe? We used to
make poor mans probes up in the lab for the digital meters as we
needed them by taking one chromel and one alumel wire, and twisting
the ends together. Lenny