Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Official. Fear of radiation kills more people than radiation

Yes, moving house is, as we are often told, one of the most stressful things
you can do.
I'd have expected Japan to have been one of the world experts on radiation
though given the history.
I do notice though that there is increasing evidence that the body reacts
differently to a constant low level giving a higher dose than a sudden high
dose given in a shorter time. the genetic make up of the individual can
often make a huge difference to the actual damage it seems.
Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/RS...a_2808121.html

"The mental or physical burden of the forced move from their homes because
of the Fukushima accident was the cause of 34 early deaths, said a report
from Japan's Reconstruction Agency on 21 August. The figure compares to
1916 people from Fukushima, Iwate and Miyagi prefectures that died during
evacuation from areas hit only by the tsunami and the earthquake. The
leading causes of the majority of those early deaths were disruption to
the smooth operation of hospitals, the exacerbation of pre-existing health
problems, and the general 'mental fatigue' from dramatic changes in life
situation."

"If we took a 'do more good than harm' approach I suspect we would abandon
forced evacuation altogether, especially where iodine tables are
available"

--
Ineptocracy

lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members
of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded
with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a
diminishing number of producers.