Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Official. Fear of radiation kills more people than radiation

On Aug 29, 5:54*am, Jo Stein wrote:
Den 29.08.2012 03:28, skrev The Natural Philosopher:

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/RS..._of_Fukushima_...

"The mental or physical burden of the forced move from their homes
because of the Fukushima accident was the cause of 34 early deaths,
said a report from Japan's Reconstruction Agency on 21 August. The
figure compares to 1916 people from Fukushima, Iwate and Miyagi
prefectures that died during evacuation from areas hit only by the
tsunami and the earthquake. The leading causes of the majority of
those early deaths were disruption to the smooth operation of
hospitals, the exacerbation of pre-existing health problems, and the
general 'mental fatigue' from dramatic changes in life situation."

"If we took a 'do more good than harm' approach I suspect we would
abandon forced evacuation altogether, especially where iodine tables
are available"

This is quite correct. How do we cure this misery?
By education. When you write about radiofobia you
must always tell people how to get cured:http://www.radiationandreason.com/ For more than half a century the view that radiation represents an
extreme hazard has been accepted. This book challenges that view by
facing the question How dangerous is ionising radiation? Briefly the
answer is that radiation is about a thousand times less hazardous
than suggested by current safety standards.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RadiationAndReason
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/9094430/The-world-has... As Wade Allison, emeritus professor of physics at Oxford University,
says: “The reporting of Fukushima was guided by the Cold War reflex
that matched radiation with fear and mortal danger. Reactors have
been destroyed, but the radiation at Fukushima has caused no loss of
life and is unlikely to do so, even in the next 50 years. The voices
of science and common sense on which the future of mankind depends
were drowned out and remain to be heard, even today. The result has
been unnecessary suffering and great socio-economic damage.”

--
* "La vérité est en marche et rien ne l'arrêtera."

Well would you move your family into the zone?
By how much has people's lives been shortened?
I hear the fish are now radioactive around the NW coast of Japan .
Marie Curie died of radiation induced cancer.

This is all government propaganda so they can build nuclear reactors
(and collect backhanders)