Posted to uk.d-i-y
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default Replacement of loose bricks - cast in concrete or point in newbricks?

On 28/08/2012 09:52, RJS wrote:
Thanks to all for the variety of calm reactions and sensible solutions. I tend to assume the worst :-)

I think that I will, still, delete the socket from that location and use the timer-spur to collect the cable ends. The socket was behind a bookcase and won't be missed. I will relocate it elsewhere.

Wish me luck

Rgds

Richard

PS are there any contra-indications concerning contact between filler foam and PVC cable?

You may be thinking about the problem where *polystyrene* foam draws the
plasticiser out of PVC, making the cable insulation brittle so that it
fractures and "shorts" if it is deformed. This typically used to happen
in insulated ceiling voids and lofts where the cables are not usually
well fixed down, so that later modifications move cable some way away.
I'm not aware that polyurethane (expanding) foam does the same, but in
any case it is likely to be immobilising the wires here so that even if
the insulation all fell off it would not matter.

--
For every complex problem, there is a solution which is simple, neat,
and wrong.