Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dyson SUCKS - the answer

In article ,
Nospam wrote:
On 28/08/2012 13:25, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Yes, it sucks but won't pick up.

DC07. Loads of suction at the wand hose and underneath at the flexible
hose that connects to the shoe. Beater bar rotates fine.

Just won't pick anything up. Googled and this seems to be a common
fault.

Any ideas please?

I had the same problem on my DC04 - the suction was good and the bar
spun but it didn't pick-up cottons, etc. The problem was that the bar
was not spinning when in contact with the carpet - the solution was to
change the clutch assembly, which includes the two drive belts. I bought
the clutch on eBay and it took about 30 minutes to fit. It now works
like a new cleaner, despite being about 10 years old.

My Panasonic (Which best buy) is more like 20 years old and still going
strong. With nothing so complicated as a clutch and twin drive belts. Or
rather I dunno if it has a clutch - you can stop the brushes rotating when
using the nozzle. Perhaps I'll find out when it breaks in another 20 years
time.

I can never understand this Dyson fetish. They appear to give more
problems than a pre-war Hoover. Advertising obviously works.

--
*Why is the word abbreviation so long? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.