Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Filament bulbs

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:
David WE Roberts wrote:
Tidying out the shed and I've got a wide assortment of filament bulbs.

I've been greened enough to swap over to CFLs and so I don't think I
will
ever use these again.
Don't know how many people are still holding out, hunkered down with
store
rooms full of tungsten filament bulbs to last them until Aramgeddon.

So Freecycle or the tip?

ebay. 60p a well packed bulb is worth getting.

Thankfully everyweher online still stocks filament bulbs..highly
suitable for occasional use or where CFLS or LEDS simply wont fit.

There are warehouses full of the things, which people stockpiled to
sell at large profit after the ban, but no one is buying them, and
they are only salable at a considerable loss. Look in places like
Robert Dias, Poundland sometimes, market stalls, etc and they've
got 10 for a quid or two. They will probably all be crushed soon,
as they turn out to be worth less than the storage space, and less
than the cost of trying to distribute them.

That reads like a vote for Freecycle :-)