Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default ot technology:

On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 20:51:49 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
That's my point. I'm not against tablets, but so far noone has told me
anything about them that is compelling. All I hear is crap about people
being ignorant of technology (that from people who have no apparrent
argument, but want to defend their purchase in some way), and things about
using them that closely resembles what I do with either my laptop or my cell
phone. I'm just not getting what I'm missing here.

You're not missing anything. It's a matter of finding out what you
really need compared to what you *think* you need.

Case in point. After urging from a friend with a new tablet, I bought
a 10" Asus Transformer Prime tablet in February of this year. Realized
after eight weeks that it was a pain for me to carry around and I
wasn't inclined to use it when I had my desktop to use at home. Ended
up selling it for near a 50% loss.

Now I've got a Samsung SIII superphone and I'm really happy with it.
It does everything I need and more and I don't have any problem
carrying it around.

I believe, in a lot of cases, people buy because it's the popular
thing to do. And by my saying so, I understand how and where Jack's
opinion of Festool originates. The only difference is that in this
case, I bought and used something before I dismissed it. Won't be the
first or last time that happens.

The important thing is that I've found what I really needed and do
want.