Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cheap carpeting? Not my fault?

On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 17:25:36 -0800, (Charles Bishop)
wrote:

In article ,
" wrote:

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 15:23:16 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

"Charles Bishop" wrote

When you move out, if the carpet condition becomes a problem and they
withhold deposit money, you need to ask them how much the carpet cost when
it was put in. You are not responsible for the full cost of the carpet,
but a pro-rated amount depending on the number of years you've been there.
If you've been there long enough you'll owe nothing on the carpet as they
usually replace it anyway.

Good luck

--
charles

I think it would be a good case for Judge Judy. Sounds like he's not be
liable for much.

I rented an apartment for six months recently. I spilled a cup of coffee in
the living room (much of it into my laptop :-( ) and had a small smudge by the
front door. I got most of the coffee stain out but the smudge by the door
didn't want to come out. The apartment complex cleans the carpets between
residents and evidently they got the rest of the coffee stain out. The
*******s dinged me for *half* of my security deposit ($25) for the smudge by
the door. YOY do apartment complexes use cream colored carpets? Maybe I
should see Judge Judy, too. ;-)

Half of your security deposit was $25?? Sounds cheap to me.

Yup. ;-)

I thought it was a joke when I rented the place. "I just got a six month
lease with only a $50 deposit? Kewl!" I did pay, I think, $50 a month more
for the six month lease but it was still an unbelievable deal.