Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default European loophole for bulb ban

Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 08/27/2012 05:27 AM, Robert wrote:
On Aug 26, 5:15 pm, bob haller wrote:

CFLs now work so well theres no reason to use incadecents for most
applications. I am looking at LED bulbs for some applications

The local DOLLAR STORE has LED night lights which draw about
.3 watts, for a dollar. They put out almost as much light as the
4 or 7 watt incandescents, and last a lot longer. I am impressed
by the high brightness versions of LEDs, and hope for the price to
come down for the larger models.
I currently use CFLs throughout the house and, although I really
railed against the government as an initial reaction, I am very happy
with being able to reach up and unscrew a bulb without burning my
hands..... It may be a couple bucks more up front, but the decreased
load on my air conditioning together with the decreased electric cost
for lighting makes it a good business decision.

Also, you can get CFLs that give you WHITE light, rather than the
dirty yellow of incandescents.

The SUN is a dirty yellow and the eyes of all creatures are adapted to it.