Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Keiser John Keiser is offline

Default Opening Ipod Nano 3rd

If anyone reads this:
care should be taken in using a guitar oick or any instrument on the phone
plog side of the case. There are only 2 release clips near the phone plug.
The lower portion next to the LCD screen has no clips. I knew that but it
was easier to work my pick in at that point. In doing so and sliding back
and forth to gain space, I must have rubbed the LCD cable the wrong way. It
"looked" ok but would not display. Replacing the LCD fixed the issue. Next
time I will be less aggressive!

"John Keiser" wrote in message
I need to change my battery.
I've seen the videos that make this look easy but it has not been so easy
for me. I can wiggle the smallest crack around the seams using a guitar
pick and assorted plastic levers but can never get beyond that point.
Can anyone here describe the "secret" to cracking the case?
Freezing? Heating?
Thanks for any suggestions.