Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Cheap carpeting? Not my fault?

On Aug 27, 8:49*am, George wrote:
On 8/26/2012 11:28 PM, SMS wrote:

On 8/25/2012 1:45 PM, geo pearl wrote:
Hello, I have lived in an apartment with two kids for the
last five years. Everything that spills on the carpet leaves
a stain. The carpet looks gross. Cleaning up a mess
just makes a bigger stain.

Do landlords have access to cheap carpet that allows the
above senario to happen? *IF you have the answer, please
don't spare any details. Thanks in advance.

While landlords would be unlikely to buy carpet at a place like Home
Depot or Carpet One, they have access to the same choice of carpets.

When I need carpet for a rental I have a source that orders it for me
from the mills in the south. I don't think he has a physical store. The
cost is far less than what a big box store sells for. Anyone can order
from him, but few people know about him.

Really? They flooded everyone with "buy direct from the mills" marketing
for some time. Main issue why it doesn't work for many is you have to
able to handle and install bulky goods.

Why would I (or anyone buying from a mill) have to "handle and install
bulky goods"?

You do know that most installation contractors that install for stores
will also do side jobs and charge the customer directly for the
installation, don't you?

They might even do it as a Saturday or evening off-the-books job and
forget to charge you tax. It could (did) happen.