Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default ot technology:

Mike Marlow wrote:
Casper wrote:
I bought one of Apples new Ipads and was amazed at what it could
do.My wife and I use it mainly to talk to our daughter in Amsterdam
on facetime . It is so reassuring to see her and talk in real time.
The world is changing fast and its hard to keep current on anything.
Sal

Congratulations on finding a wonderful new tool. :-)

I am on my second iPad and my only regret is I had to wait decades for
Apple to finally create one. I use mine to stay in touch with family
and friends, read books, watch tv/movies when exercising, listen to
music, play an occasional game of solitaire, write, keep track of my
schedule and addresses and search the internet for information. I
can't tell you how many times I have searched for something on the net
and found great information that saved me tons of money. I hope you
get tons of enjoyment out of yours. Keep waving to your family!
`Casper

Never having used an ipad myself, I am compelled to ask what is different
from this and what one does with a common PC today, and has done for years?

The "interface" (how you interact with it)--it has a touch sensitive
screen and understands "gestures". It's closer to being an appliance,
and is lighter, portable, and you can upgrade it by replacing it every
year or two. My wife has one. IIRC, It doesn't even have a USB port.