Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Question on Dual Compressor set-ups.

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 08:59:14 -0400, Stuart Wheaton wrote:

Yep, the place the compressor came from had PVC airlines, even with the
compressor removed it gave me the whillies!

My shop is nicely plumbed, half with black iron, half with PVC. And the
PVC is already getting brittle: I've snagged a few fittings off of that
side of the shop, and more than half the time it just breaks the pipe.

If I ever re-commission the air system here, the PVC will be disconnected
from the 'real' piping until such time as it can be replaced with
something I can trust.

http://www.wescottdesign.com