Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Hiding places

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 00:34:35 -0400, "
wrote:

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 21:03:20 -0400, micky wrote:

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 14:52:30 -0400, "
wrote:

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 14:44:35 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 14:32:20 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Last four or five cars I've had the door lock when you put the shift
lever in Drive.

We rent a lot of cars and that is the first setup option we turn off.

I turn off the infernal seat belt alarm on mine.

You can just turn it off? What kind of car?

Fords. The chimes still go off at first but you can turn of the constant
nagging. It's not easy but it's documented in the owner's manual.

That's good. Nothing like that for the 2000 Toyota.

I still have 3 or 4 chimes and that's fine. It's the nagging,
especially when I wasn't even going anywhere

The 95 (and 88?) Lebaron had an obscure way to turn off the automatic
door locking and unlocking. Pretty sure not in the owners manaual or
shop manual, but on the yahoo list for Lebarons people knew about it
(I'll read ng's and mail lists, but I wont' subscribe to a web forum)

On the 2000 Toyota, I had to find the key-in-the-lock connector, way
under the dash and up, and disconnect it. But at least it's not
still driving me insane;