Posted to alt.home.repair

Default European loophole for bulb ban

On 8/26/2012 5:46 AM, HeyBub wrote:
"But there could be hope for those wanting to keep using the incandescent
variety – as retailers have found a loophole which allows them to get around
the new rules. The EU directive banning the 40W bulb, which comes into force
on September 1, refers only to those meant for 'household lamps', meaning
shops can continue to supply bulbs intended for 'industrial use' ”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ene...ght-bulbs.html

"KNOCK! KNOCK!, UN Energy Police! Open Up!" "We know from our energy
scans that you have contraband light bulbs in use in your home, OPEN
UP NOW! or we will crash through your door!" ^_^

TDD