Martin Angove

Default moving switch / extending cable

In message ,
wrote:

That's me off buying a crimper on the way home (i presume i should be
able to find one at the borg)
- I do like to think i've done the job properly.

Is it not possible to pull the switch wire up into the attic/ceiling
void and then re-route it to the new location, or possibly just
disconnect the old wire and fit a new switch wire? I suppose if the old
wire is plastered in, it'd be difficult to remove it easily so there's
then the question of chopped-off dead cable left buried in wall to
frighten someone putting up shelves a few years hence...

It would be my prefered option, rather than leaving a bit of live wire
buried in some indeterminable part of the wall, probably unprotected.

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: