Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware
J.G. J.G. is offline

Default What color laser printer is easily & cheaply refilled at homefrom non OEM toner?

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 15:47:57 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:

I don't recall HP saying their printers should be left on all the time,
only that they should be turned off properly, which means with their
power button, not just by turning off the power strip it's plugged into.

I just downloaded the manual for the HP laserjet 3200m
http://crl.ap.buffalo.edu/faculty/phones/3200manual.pdf

I did a search (control + F) of the PDF for "power" and "turn off" but
didn't see any mention of what the recommendation is.

I leave mine on all the time - but folks said that's wasteful for
printing a page or three a week.

Any suggestions?