Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default RIP Neil Armstrong

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 12:30:40 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

Indeed.

http://space-lectures.com/index.html

Due to a lack of support the planned Apollo 17 event with Moon
walker and lunar geologist Dr Harrison H Schmitt has been postponed.

I know it costs but why are rooms not full of people wanting to
meet these people?

http://space-lectures.com/dinner_3.html

It's only £60.

I see the contact addy is Pontefract - is that where the dinner is
being held?

Yes

****sticks, if that was closer, and if I had known about such events
I'd have been there sooner.

You would enjoy it. I did. It's worth looking around. The astronauts may be
having dinner elsewhere in the UK just before or after the Ponty event. They
need to make a living:-)

Have you tried their own web sites for info?

--
Adam