Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] is offline

Default RIP Neil Armstrong

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 09:34:30 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

Those guys were very stupid/very brave/both.

They we also very intelligent. I have met some of them.

True - Armstrong left NASA and became a prof of engineering.
What many forget is that generation of astronauts weren't just test
pilots or fighter jocks, they were the first of the academically
qualified ones too. Many/most of them had Masters or Honours in some
Engineering or Aeronautical/Space discipline.

Stupid? Anything but.