Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hiding places

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 21:07:34 -0400, micky wrote:

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 19:28:38 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 19:24:32 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 15:45:33 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 14:44:35 -0400,
wrote:

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 14:32:20 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Last four or five cars I've had the door lock when you put the shift
lever in Drive.

We rent a lot of cars and that is the first setup option we turn off.

Why? They unlock too. I don't find it a problem either way. If you
are in a bad area, locked doors can be a good thing.

I just don't want the doors locked. I can think of as many bad things
it can cause as I can things it fixes.

I don't like the auto-locking. My '97 Lumina locks all doors as soon
as you start it. The after-market alarm can be programmed otherwise,
but my wife drives it mostly, so my son set it up that way, and I
agree.
I don't like the "trapped" feel, but at least there's still a
mechanical unlock lever. The power windows bother me more when I
think about being underwater in the crate.

The power windows should work for a while, even under water. I don't
know how long a while is, or what it will be that stops them from
working. What would?

A shorted electrical system.