Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default (OT) American music has become total trash

wrote:
Why is it that all the good music these says is coming from foreign
countries? England, Ireland, and others. They have talented
musicians that actually sing. All that is coming from America is
this disgusting Rap garbage, which is nothing but some electronic
machine making the background, and some black idiot talking, and
using some very filthy vocabulary.

I wouldn't know whether American music is wonderful or absurd. I only listen
to stuff that was composed at least 100 years ago. But sometimes I'm fooled.

During a discussion of political campaigns around the office, I brought up
the subject of "Campaign Songs." One of the staff thought the idea
preposterous (the others were noncommittal).

So I go to the music store. After searching diligently for twenty minutes or
so, I finally approached the clerk with the least amount of metal in his
face and asked: "Where can I find 'Charlie on the MTA' by the Kingston
Trio?"

"Cool, man," said the hippie. "Follow me."

We went to the racks. He stuck out his hand. He pulled out the album.

From the section marked "Classics."