Posted to alt.home.repair
Duesenberg Duesenberg is offline

Default (OT) American music has become total trash

On 8/25/2012 1:01 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 06:41:17 -0500, Dean Hoffman
" wrote:

On 8/25/12 4:02 AM,
wrote:
Why is it that all the good music these says is coming from foreign
countries? England, Ireland, and others. They have talented musicians
that actually sing. All that is coming from America is this disgusting
Rap garbage, which is nothing but some electronic machine making the
background, and some black idiot talking, and using some very filthy
vocabulary.

If music has anything to say about our culture, then America is in much
worse shape than most people realize.

Personally I'm rather old and still prefer the oldies from the 50s thru
the 80s, but when I'm in public I hear what is playing on the juke boxes
and modern radio stations, and all the stuff I like, is all from foreign
countries, while the stuff that I find to be the most repulsive is
American.

I'm not a racist by color, but I think American blacks have completely
ruined music.

"Jumpin' and hollerin'" was my dad's comment when the Beetles were
on The Ed Sullivan Show.

...and his dad's, with the Andrew's Sisters. ;-)

OTOH, Rap is a completely different animal. Do you remember anything from the
Beetles with the hate massage that is Rap? Well, maybe "The Tax Man". ;-)

There used to be alot of rap in the 1980's that was positive and about
advancing social causes and celebrating life and whatnot but those
artists and those sounds aren't being reproduced much from what I hear.
I was just a farm kid in Canuckistan and getting a hold of those tunes
was tough work, pre internet.

But there was a time when rap and hip hop wasn't all about celebrating
thug life. Do they even use the term hip hop anymore?