Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus19184 Ignoramus19184 is offline

Default Yard sale gloat

On 2012-08-25, Steve B wrote:

"Bob La Londe" wrote

I quit going to yard sales. On the rare occasion I find something good
they always want more than a brand freaking new one. I quit selling at
yard sales too. Ask $20 for something worth $100, and folks want it for
50?.

Wonderful. More for me. I'm going to start "Pickin" the local ones. I
just look for "home runs", and here in smaller town America, there is a good
chance to pick up on people's "junk" that does very nicely on ebay to the
city slickers. I might even start doing "cleanouts", where I'll go in, and
clean out a garage or attic for free, and I get to keep everything. Some
people want that so they don't have to deal with Aunt Martha's "stuff".

I just listed the gas cap. Will see what it brings. The kit is $160 from a
retailer.

I rarely go to garage sales anymore, also, but for a different
reason. I need to get stuff on a bigger scale, I prefer at least one
truckload of stuff at a time. This is not always possible, of course,
but I try to aim for that, and going to garage sales is not as
economical. There is always something to list and fill my time from a
few last big purchases, it is a better use of time than garage
sales. But I always have a special place in my heart for garage sales,
and I agree that great deals abound. You just need to be able to
notice them.