Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default (OT) American music has become total trash

On 2012-08-25, wrote:

I'm not a racist by color, but I think American blacks have completely
ruined music.

You may not be a racist, but yer certainly a moron.

There is still plenty of great non-rap American music being created in
the US. We only get only four stations, here in my rural CO Rockies.
One C&W (I'm not a fan), one classic R&R (yawn), one hippie (snore),
and one contemporary music, of which there is a lot of good ol' white
teenie-bop, pre-teen pop, and young adult angst music. This last
station has a pretty decent selection of music from both black female
singers to white popular (Don't let 'em kid you, taylor swift sings
pre-teen pop!) singers/bands. I recall one particularly bouncy ditty
by a Rachel Platten, whom I'd never heard of, called 1000 Ships. Very
catchy, very bubbly, and almost painfully white! I don't make a
steady diet of it, it being a bit too teen-pop'ish, but it certainly
ain't rap and I listen jes to see what new stuff in on the horizon.

I suspect a lot of the problem is where one lives. In this fairly
remote mountain Valley, we probably have half doz black ppl, so
there's not a big demographic fer rap. But, that's beside the point.
The point is, there is plenty of non-rap music out there. Also, some
of the best foreign/world beat music is from Africa. So, if you don't
like what yer hearing, either move or change the damn station!

BTW, with the exception of C&W, blacks pretty much invented American
Music.

nb

--
Definition of objectivism: