Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default A Political View With Which Everyone Should Agree

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Just Wondering wrote:
And the aide who writes the bill understands its provisions. The
congressman will have the bill explained to him by the aide ("It's
good").

It's NOT all good. You're giving your explanation of the way things
are. I'm saying that the way things are are wrong and should be
changed. I never voted for a congressional aide. My congressman is
supposed to represent ME, not some aide and certainly not some
special-interest group that asks him to sponsor a bill he can't
understand. If I was there myself, I would need to know what a bill
said before I could vote Yea or Nay on it. My elected representative
should be no less diligent.

Obviously things don't work the way you suggest they should. And for
good reason: they CAN'T work the way you suggest they should. But you
don't have to take my word for it.

Go he
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-1...S-111hr3590enr.
pdf

It's the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

Tell us what it means. Take as much space - and time - as you need.

I agree with you on this point - a "normal" human being can't fully
understand this, and we need experts to write and explain it. Sometimes
the problem is simply that it is so dang complicated to (try to) avoid
unintended consequences because of the complexity of the whole thing.

As you all know, I am in favor of the gist of the law. I'm surethere is
nitty gritty that could, should, will be modified.

--
Best regards
Han