Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart Wheaton[_2_] Stuart Wheaton[_2_] is offline

Default Question on Dual Compressor set-ups.

In an effort to increase both storage and CFM capacity when running
several air tools, we obtained a second compressor.

I can tee the two outputs together, but I feel that I will want to do
something with the pressure cut-off switches to ensure that one
compressor does not end up doing all the work. Is there any reason not
to use one switch on one of two teed tanks to trigger the contactors for
both compressors together? Both tanks will have the factory pressure
relief and safety systems left intact.

Stuart