Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hiding places

On 08/23/2012 10:18 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 15:06:46 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

You could use hexadecimal, and then there's be no carries to deal with:

3 + 3 = 6
7 + 3 = A
2 + 3 = 5
8 + 3 = B

6 - 3 = 3
A - 3 = 7
5 - 3 = 2
B - 3 = 8

Why not just write the number in hex?
3728 ends up being x'E90'. Let your average crack head make something
out of that.

You could. The methods I showed were ones where the computation is VERY
easy (my reason for working on only 1 digit at a time). This
encoding/decoding can be done in real time, with no aids (like
calculators), writing NOTHING but the result.

BTW, I like to use '$' to indicate hex, so 1963 = $7AB

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Faith is often the boast of the man who is too lazy to investigate."
[F. M. Knowles]