Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JosephKK JosephKK is offline

Default 97 Aerostar running hot

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 10:56:47 -0700, "Guv Bob"
wrote:

OK, back to the beast again. On the road, temperature is just slightly above mid-range, where it has always been. When stopped with engine idling, the temp slowly increases. If I set for more than a few minutes, it approaches max full scale. When I drive off, it comes back to normal.

Another symptom - that may or may not be normal or related - is when I start up cold, it takes a good 10 minutes to come up to temperature. Other car takes about 2 minutes.

R/R fan clutch -- no change.

Sounds like an inadequate radiator or radiator fan to me. Consider
upgrading either of both.

?-)