Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT accurate time checks?

Richard Russell wrote:
On Aug 23, 11:28 pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
Need I go on?

Nothing you have quoted (particularly not the pseudo-science) alters
the fact that 100 Hz is well above the flicker fusion frequency for
most people; even 75 Hz is rare. We were, you will recall, talking
about CRT monitors - it was you who cited the fluorescent light as
evidence that you could see 100 Hz flicker.

Look. Its one thing to stare at 100HZ steadaily snd not see flicker, its
quite another to move your eyes or see a moving object and see 50
multicoloured objects due to the diferent decay rates of the various
phoprs - I mean its all very reminscent of an LSD microdot, but frankly
it gives you a griffing headache and you sure can notice it.

I dont give a **** whether is flicker fusion or not,. Its noticeable and
if ****s your head.

Which those articles note.

Whilst it's not impossible that you can genuinely detect it, I prefer
to believe the more likely explanation, which is that the light had a
50 Hz component. In fact you can pretty much guarantee that any light
fed from a 50 Hz supply will, and it only takes a small amount of 50
Hz to result in visible flicker. It is highly improbable that you
would see any flicker on a CRT with a refresh rate of 100 Hz, or even
85 Hz.

Richard.
http://www.rtrussell.co.uk/

--