Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Russell Richard Russell is offline

Default OT accurate time checks?

On Aug 23, 11:28*pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
Need I go on?

Nothing you have quoted (particularly not the pseudo-science) alters
the fact that 100 Hz is well above the flicker fusion frequency for
most people; even 75 Hz is rare. We were, you will recall, talking
about CRT monitors - it was you who cited the fluorescent light as
evidence that you could see 100 Hz flicker.

Whilst it's not impossible that you can genuinely detect it, I prefer
to believe the more likely explanation, which is that the light had a
50 Hz component. In fact you can pretty much guarantee that any light
fed from a 50 Hz supply will, and it only takes a small amount of 50
Hz to result in visible flicker. It is highly improbable that you
would see any flicker on a CRT with a refresh rate of 100 Hz, or even
85 Hz.

Richard.
http://www.rtrussell.co.uk/