Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Hiding places

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 08:58:53 -0500, Jim Yanik
wrote:

Can't remember the last time I had the spare out. Probably 20 years.
As for detailing, I've been driving 50 years and never had it done.

Given the odds I'll continue to take the risk.

some maintenance checks require checking the spare's tire pressure.
(a good idea,because they DO leak and a flat spare is useless.
thus,a good mantenance guy will be going in there to check the spare.

I guess if you take your car to a thieving dealer they may do that.
Aside from warranty work, no dealer has ever touched my cars and
checks like that I do myself. The guy that does my regular oil
changes does check the four tires, never checks the spare.

I will go to the dealer for my free oil change though.