Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default O/T: BLOG POST OF THE DAY

Tim Daneliuk wrote in
:

You're conflating apples and railroad ties. There is nothing wrong -
not morally, ethically, and not legally - of looking out for our
own interests. That is EXACTLY the idea the US was built on. It is
EXACTLY what makes the US different, more successful, and better than
the social(ist) democracies and other collectivist states around the
planet.

What is not OK is "looking out for yourself" when the action requires
you to harm others - say by using fraud, force, or threat.

The idea that I exist to serve someone else at the point of your gun -
the central idea of all leftism - is a moral outrage.

Sorry. Just drawing attention to the possibility that looking out for
oneself sometimes goes to enriching (or something like that) oneself to
the detriment of others. If you say that isn't possible, or at least not
done, I applaud the self improvement of the people you are talking about.
I am leftist, to an extent, but I wouldn't force anyone to do something
they feel they shouldn't. That excludes people who don't want to pay
into insurance funds because a tiny fraction of the benefits would go to
something they don't subscribe to.

--
Best regards
Han