Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default O/T: BLOG POST OF THE DAY

Mike Marlow wrote:

I don't know what it's like in a lot of other places, but around
here, NY state has successfully driven businesses out of the state
for decades now, with our tax structure. Those jobs have been
replaced with much lower paying, much lower in prestige and reward,
in places like retail, service, etc.

Heh!

I read an opinion piece in the WSJ last year about a self-employed person
who left New York City for Florida and the move saved him over $13,000 in
taxes.

Per day.

Rush Limbaugh did the same thing - moved from New York to Florida. Glenn
Beck moved from New York to Dallas.

Probably quite a few more less well known souls have voted with their feet.

Heck, inasmuch as you don't have to be a resident of New York to hold
political office there (e.g., Senator Clinton), I wouldn't be surprised to
see Andrew Cuomo move to New Hampshire!