Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default O/T: BLOG POST OF THE DAY

"HeyBub" wrote in
:

Han wrote:

In many ways we are much better off now than we realize, and those
graphs show it. I wish I knew how to translate it into more jobs.
Serious suggestions?

A good part of it is uncertainty.

Estimates are that business in the US are sitting on over $1 trillion
in cash but are reluctant to invest it due to uncertainty.

Uncertainty in imminent tax policies, energy development, health care
costs, and more.

Another $1 trillion in corporate assets are reported parked in
off-shore accounts due to unfavorable tax regulations. With a modest
change in the tax law, these profits could easily be repatriated to
the US.

Totally agree. In spades. Previous tax amnesties haven't had too much
success, but it should be tried again, maybe with a jobs clause attached?
There are legitimate differences in the tax proposals, but Bowles-Simpson
seems to me a good (improvable!!) basis.

--
Best regards
Han