Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default O/T: BLOG POST OF THE DAY

Han wrote:

In many ways we are much better off now than we realize, and those
graphs show it. I wish I knew how to translate it into more jobs.
Serious suggestions?

A good part of it is uncertainty.

Estimates are that business in the US are sitting on over $1 trillion in
cash but are reluctant to invest it due to uncertainty.

Uncertainty in imminent tax policies, energy development, health care costs,
and more.

Another $1 trillion in corporate assets are reported parked in off-shore
accounts due to unfavorable tax regulations. With a modest change in the tax
law, these profits could easily be repatriated to the US.