Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Hiding places

On 22 Aug 2012 17:09:35 GMT, Han wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
news
It gives of some RF signal I guess, for a short distance. As for
brand, it comes with the car. Many cars have them now and you push a
button to start.

Ed, is there a way to turn the engine off in an emergency? Unlock the
doors? I am thinking of some malfunction that makes the car refuse to
brake, as well as driving into a canal. Do you have one of those emergency
hammers that will break the glass of the window like this

http://www.amazon.com/LifeHammer-Ori...rgency-Hammer-
Orange/dp/B000BN3A4Y?

The engine can be shut down by holding the dash start/stop button for
a couple of seconds. Doors can be unlocked by just pulling on the
handle as you normally would and it is a mechanical connection.