Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default BLOG POST OF THE DAY

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Han wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in
news:4cffe$50339d3f :

Han wrote:

That is the question whether total amount or percentage is more
important. IOW, is progressive taxation good or not? A question
of ideology, perhaps?

My personal opinion? I tend towards a flat tax.

What's a flat tax in your opinion? Everyone should pay 9% here and
9% there? Without regard of minimum living costs?

Yes. Personally, I favor a per-capita tax. That is one AMOUNT, not a
single percentage. Like a movie ticket or a can of jalapeno-flavored
chicken nuggets. One money for all. [Currently, that would be about
$15,000 per person per year]

Perhaps you want to explain a little, because that is so far out. A
family of 4 making 100K would then have 55K left. Which would mean that
in order to keep near their current standard of living, they'd have to
make at least 100K/yr more. Lower incomes would have to have a rise in
income of (nearly) the same amounts. Unless, perhaps you meant this
seriously, unless everyone should not only be paying the same in taxes,
they should earn the same amounts. By Heybub decree, which of course
supersedes government decree.

Just like a VAT, this type of proposal is a recipe for instant inflation.
Moreover, I don't think Boehner and Ryan want to be brought down to a
mere 200K/yr. Dream on ...

I apologize in advance for poking fun at your proposal, but to me it is
indeed utopian drivel.

--
Best regards
Han