Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default O/T: BLOG POST OF THE DAY

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Han wrote:

Didn't I say that I find it less than "right" that Mitt stores his
money in offshore tax havens?

That is way too big an implication in your statement. There is NO
showing of tax evasion or even tax avoidance in having an account in a
Caymen Island bank. Maybe he was attracted by their "free checking"
offer.

No one knows.

But your suggestion of a "tax haven" is rank speculation. Further,
there is no "tax haven" capability in an off-shore account. The US is
one of only two countries that tax foreign earnings (the other is the
Philippines). What the Caymens, Bahamas, etc., offer is bank
"secrecy." Now one CAN use the secrecy to hide dodgy transactions, but
Romney is a Republican. Republicans just don't do that sort of thing.

In fact, but keep this confidential, I have accounts in two foreign
banks in different countries! These are my stash of "get out of town
money." I receive NO tax advantages in these account; they exist for
completely different purposes.

I have a Dutch euro accoun too. Properly mentioned on the relevant
documents etc. Comes in handy when I need euros. No need for foreign
exchange fees from the credit cards.
--
Best regards
Han